Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just Curious

I am not against anyone who is mentioned in this post.
I am just curious.
How is that some of the artists who come to India, manage to stay back?
A case in point is, Adnan Saami.
Naturally, he is staying here legally, but how? Is he on work permit? How long is that applicable for?
Who has got him the work permit?
But is he not working independently?

Under which law has he been permitted to buy immovable property/ies in India?
Whatever little knowledge I have, those who are not Indian citizens, cannot buy immovable property in India.

Are such people entitled to get a PAN card?
What can happen if one such person decides to marry an Indian girl?
I am a fan of Saami, and curious.
A lot of performers are in India for years together.? 


Foreign citizens can buy immovable property in India...They can also inherit...Sami, Katrina Kaif etc. re all here on work visas and they pay taxes...I have foreign friends living and working in India who have bought property too... the only reason I am asking this question is because Sami is a Canadian-Pakistani...What about all the foreigners working in the corporate sector?


I read in one of the news papers that RBI has hauled up Sami for having bought immovable property in India illegally.May beI am wrong---but you may like to check,not that it matters to you.
I thought,a work permit can be obtained for an employee--it doesn't seem so in this case.Perhaps,I was not right.

1 comment:

Any comments related to the post are welcome...